Apple Pie Fair 2014
Sunday 21st September 2014
Apple Pie Fair was a wonderful sunny family funday with over 350
people attending and lots of apple pie and cream!
The project committee for the community hall project would like to thank everyone for attending and supporting the day and welcome any feedback from event goers!
afternoon generated an income from entrance fee, stalls and activities
of over £1200 so once all the costs have been covered the events will
have raised funds for the project as yet to be calculated. Full details
will be here and in the community hall minutes and some of the expenses
paid for now will have covered items for futrure events.
The project committee are delighted that residents and visitors supported the event enthusiatically and took part in the competitions and races; so children time to start practicing for the longest apple peel for next year!
big Ideas Apple for a new Community Hall had a great selection of ideas
and we will be collecting these together and a link posted here on your
project Committee would like to thank all the volunteers, sponsors,
competition winners who donated their winnings to the project and people
who gave items for the amazing raffle and tombola.
If you would like to be involved in planning the next event for next Spring/Summer or if you would like to volunteer to help set up or run a stall please contact the project secretary.
If you have any photos of the Apple Pie Fair please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will include them in the gallery
A special thank you to:
- Ken Crafer who commentated throughout the event with an excellent PA system
- Marjory, who served teas and coffee and apple pie all afternoon
- Peter, Jacqui and Lee, who slaved over the hot BBQ stove serving burgers and sausages
- lex Green who was responsible for all publicity and press together with photography and facebook
- David Kinross from the Community Council of Devon for collecting ideas fro the Big Apple and taking photographs at the event
- The Tennis Club for loaning table and chairs, cutlery and pots and pans
- Lorna Sedman for loaning the Apple Pressing marquee
- Moreleigh and Halwell Village Hall for loaning the marquee
- and Apple Pie Judges Marigold, Diana and Belinda
- and everyone involved and who attended the event
To view the photos in the gallery from the event click HERE
To get involved with future events or the community hall project email the secretary HERE
The Event has kindly been Sponsored by Luscombe Maye Roger King and Devon County and District Councillor Robert Vint; Locality Fund