- A cookie is set by our hosting provider to allow it to identify unique 'sessions' (visits) to the site
- A cookie is set by the hosting provider to decide what size images to display: this is intended to speed up your browsing of the site
- A cookie is set if you click 'OK' on the cookie warning at the top of our pages, to remember that you clicked 'OK'
- We use StatCounter to count the number of visits to this site and its pages. A StatCounter analytics cookie is set in your browser. This cookie is used only to determine first-time and returning visitors and to estimate unique visits to the site. No personal information is stored in the cookie. The Cookie duration is 5 years. You can opt out of this analysis by visiting http://statcounter.com/about/set-refusal-cookie/
You can find out general information about cookies and how to control their use using your browser settings at AllAboutCookies.org
The purpose of the site is to provide:
- Information for the community and visiotors about Avonwick and North Huish and surrounding areas.– including local events, notices services, local attractions, accommodation, etc.
- Information about the history of the local area.
- Internet access to Parish Council minutes and other relevant Parish Council information.
- An information point for people in the local community to communicate and share resources that may be available – for example by sharing cars, local jobs, buying and selling unwanted goods,identifying skills and support that people may be able to offer to others that live in this parish and surrounding communities.
- An opportunity for local businesses to advertise their services to a wide range of potential customers.
- Provide links and references to local government resources and other relevant internet website addresses
- Provide a newsletter containing information from admin and residents, businesses/organisations with a listing together with news from local emergancy services if needed ie. flooding, etc
- Useful up to date information on incidents that effect the local area
- An opportunity for residents and visitors to actively contribute ideas, experiences and share information
This website was first published on 24th September 2013.
Website and Newsletter Content
All information contained in this webite and the newsletter has been provided by members of the community therefore although care is taken in the presentation and content of information contained on this web site/newsletter we cannot be held accountable for any inaccurate information supplied. If you are unhappy with any of the content please contact admin in the first instance and we will do our utmost to remedy any concerns that you have within the Avonwick and Community Hall Project full committee meeting.
Contributions to the website
We welcome contributions that are relevant to our local community and surrounds. All information supplied must be suitable for family viewing. Guestbook, blog and newsletter entries will be vetted by the admin team before being made public and we reserve the right to delete or edit any other submissions that are considered unsuitable. No email addresses will be published alongside any contributions by you unless you state otherwise or you have included it in your advert/classified ad form.
Using the website
You may not use the Website for any of the following purposes:
- Disseminating any unlawful, harassing, libellous, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene, or otherwise objectionable material;
- Transmitting material that encourages conduct that constitutes a criminal offence, results in civil liability or otherwise;
- Breaches any relevant laws, regulations or code of practice such as the Data Protection Act 1998;
- Gaining unauthorised access to other computer systems;
- Interfering with any other person's use or enjoyment of the Website;
- Breaching any laws concerning the use of public telecommunications networks;
- Interfering or disrupting networks or websites connected to the Website; and
- Making, transmitting or storing electronic copies of materials protected by copyright without the permission of the owner.
We do not share any of your details such as names, email addresses or telephone numbers etc with any third parties. Please be aware that if you contribute to this website and wish to include your contact details in the weblisting that those details and images are potentially available worldwide. No email addresses will be published alongside any contributions made by you in the Guestbook, Blog or Newsletter unless you state otherwise or you have included it in your advert/classified ad form.
Advertising and Classified Ads
This community website supports local businesses and services. All entries for residents in North Huish Parish are free. There is a small charge for non-parishioners per sub category entry of £5 per business per year or £1 per Classified ad. Job adverts and if you are a non-profit or Charity organisation entries are free for everyone. Full instructions are included in the forms below. Once completed please send your form to Secretary, ANHCHP. 4 Aune Close, Avonwick, South Brent, Devon TQ10 9LZ or via email. We can include one image with your listing. If you are completing a free listing you can send your completed form by email to [email protected] .
If you would like to advertise please download this form Advertise Use for categories: Leisure and Recreation, Community Directory, Food and Drink, Events and Activities, Charities/non-profit
If you have a classified ad please download the form here Classified Use for categories: Community Directory ~ Classified Ads ~
Listings can include: Logo, image, contact details, description (max 100 words) and website link. All community events other than a business advertisments are free.
We do not place advertisements on the home page however we do promote local community events for all ages.
All persons that have a listing on this website can email admin with any special offers, seasonal promotions, events and news etc and we will include them in the newsletter. All residents can email admin with any recipes, articles, photos and garden tips etc It is anticipated that there will be a newsletter every quarter or every couple of months ~ if we receive enough information to include in it!! By signing up to the newsletter we alsowill send you any emergency news and information for example provided by the 'Neighbourhood Watch' or other essential services or if a resident has lost any valuable or pets etc. Some of the information in the newsletter will be brief with full details on the website. If you subscribe to the newsletter and change your mind you can unsubscribe at any time either by clicking a link at the bottom of the newsletter or emailing admin.
You can comment and add to any of the blogs published. You email address will not be made public.
If you would like to submit an entry for the blog the categories so far are: Have Your Say, Leisure and Recreation, Autumn, Winter, Spring, Summer. We can include images and text and form new categories for you. Its a great way to share your experiences of the local area with others..
If you would like to submit any images for the website that would be lovely. Please make sure that you have permission from any persons contained within the image including the photographer. The copyright of the images on this site remains with the photographers, and you must not copy them without permission. If you would like a copy of any of the images provided to admin for this website we would be more than happy to give your contact details to the provider of those images.
If you have any complaints about the contents of your community website please email admin [email protected] and provide full details with your reasons together with your suggestion for a remedy. Please include your full contact details. If your complaint falls under any of the incidents listed above under 'use of website' admin reserve the right to immediately suspend that publication in public view until the complaint is discussed and a course of action agreed upon at the next full committee meeting by the Avonwick and North Huish Community Hall Project. Committee meetings usually take place once a month.
All the content on this website is subject to copyright. If you would like to use of have a copy of any material or photos please contact Admin.
Website running costs
Admin: The Avonwick and North Huish community website is administered by volunteers for the Avonwick and North Huish Commpunity Hall Project who live in the parish.
Fees and charges include: website charges, domain fee and promotion.
The website template is modified by the administrators who are volunteers.
This website is funded by the Avonwick and North Huish Community Hall Project.
Admin and Webmaster: Email: [email protected]